- All suppliers are reporting difficulty fulfilling orders. Many say:
- they cannot get enough staff
- offshore manufacturers cannot get staff
- raw materials are difficult to secure (plastic, sheet metal, wire rod, and even corrugated cardboard for boxes)
- shipping containers are short and vendors have to bid to get them
- there is a shortage of ships for container
- unloading at ports is difficult due to demand and lack of staff
- shut downs in the US, Mexico, China and India
- this will likely continue through the summer
- Just received this message from Brome Bird Care (Squirrel Busters)
"Due to the current conditions and the unprecedented number of orders we are out of stock on the following items:
1057 Squirrel Buster Standard
2004 Squirrel Solutions Seed Saver 200
1025-V01 Pole Adaptor
1052 – Squirrel Buster Peanut (a very limited supply on hand)
We are doing our best to maintain the best service possible.
You will be advised when the situation changes.
Thank you for your continued support."
- Nyjer and Safflower have jumped in price and are currently scarce to source. Beware of outsiders coming to scoop up your stock. We may be limiting quantities until the pipeline replenishes.
- Most suppliers have been very slow to ship and allow us to re-stock. Many have noted a lack of staff that has caused them to delay.
- Droll Yankees has discontinued the popular CJTHM15G finch feeder. They continue to sell the CJTHM15Y yellow finch feeder.
- Droll Yankees has discontinued the BL-FIND finch feeder. We still have some in stock
- Perky Pet will be updating the 217 window hummingbird feeder later this spring. Here is the new look:
- You may have noticed a warning on Heath Products label The reads "Warning Cancer or reproductive harm". This is referring to a mandatory requirement for all products containg BPA for the state of California. Heath applys this label to all products.
- It refers to BPA in the product. Please click this link to see what Health Canada says about BPA. Health Canada Link
- We have delisted the Miller Mfg. HB600 bath. We suggest the HB650 as a perfect replacement.
- Check out the Squirrel Buster Standard in action. Click Here
- New Canadian vendor. New Stone Age has some beautiful products that are nicer than the images appear on this site.
- Woodstream just advised us that the 50179 Mountain Lodge has been discontinued.
- Woodstream just advised us that the Solar Christmas Balls have been discontinued.
- Lots of new products coming this fall. Keep an eye on our new products page.
- We have decided not to attend the 2020 Toronto Gift Fair. All new products will be posted on this site as they arrive. We will also email a full list of new products in January in lieu of presenting at the show.
- Droll Yankees has discontinued the BL-BUF15 plastic upside down finch feeder.
- Woodstream/Perky Pet/Yule Hyde has discontinued the 50174 Pinery Feeder
- Canadian Reach & Hook has gone out of business.
- Woodstream/Perky Pet/Yule Hyde has discontinued the 8140
- Droll Yankees has discontinued the BL15RS
- Woodstream/Perky Pet/Yule Hyde has discontinued the MSB00344 Mushroom Feeder
- Daisy/First Nature has discontinued the NN3004 Drinker.
- Aspects has announced a major delisting of products. We have some in stock but we will delist them once they are depleted:
422A Small Seed Tube – Spruce
426A Small Nyjer Tube – Spruce
391A Small Seed Tube – Brushed Nickel
399A Small Nyjer Tube – Brushed Nickel
442A Small Seed Tube – Berry
443A Medium Seed Tube – Berry
444A Large Seed Tube – Berry
445A Small Nyjer Tube - Berry
446A Medium Nyjer Tube – Berry
447A Large Nyjer Tube – Berry
448A Big Tube – Berry
432A Medium Quick-Clean Peanut Mesh – Berry
431A Medium Quick-Clean Nyjer Mesh – Berry
371A Classic Nyjer Mesh – Small
372A Classic Nyjer Mesh – Medium
284A Classic Peanut Silo – Small
289A Classic Peanut Silo – Medium
WHWT064 Original Window Thermometer – Goldfinch Pair
WHWT 188 Original Window Thermometer – Cardinal Chickadee
WHWT 198 Original Window Thermometer – Woodpecker
WHWT 204 Original Window Thermometer – Titmouse Chickadee
WHWT 300 Original Window Thermometer – Black Lab
WHWT 338 Original Window Thermometer – Dragonfly
WHWT 115 Classic Window Thermometer – Cardinal Chickadee
WHWT 119 Classic Window Thermometer – Hummingbird
WHWT 240 Classic Window Thermometer – Cardinal
WHWT 244 Classic Window Thermometer – Chickadee Nuthatch
WHWT 256 Classic Window Thermometer – Bluebird
WHWT 268 Classic Window Thermometer – Great Blue Heron
- Woodlink has updated the 5547 Oriole Feeder.
- Droll Yankees has discontinued the RPS15G and RPS15B
- Erva has discontinued the FPUNO and replaced it with the FPWF4 FPUNO FPWF4